GREAT RIDERS AREN'T BORN. THEY'RE MADE.
LEARN TO RIDE - OR RIDE BETTER - THE H-D® WAY.
If you’re ready to experience the unique thrill of riding your own motorcycle for the first time, there’s no better place to learn than the New Rider Course at Harley-Davidson™ Riding Academy. Experienced riders, take your skills to the next level with the Skilled Rider Course. Available only at Authorized H-D® Dealerships.
NEW RIDER COURSEWHAT TO EXPECT
When you take a New Rider Course at the Riding Academy you’ll:
- Learn to ride on a genuine Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Get in-class and on-range instruction from Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) and H-D® Certified Coaches.
- Learn to safely accelerate, shift, brake, and turn, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
- Earn an MSF Basic RiderCourseSM Completion Card, which may (varies by state) exempt you from the riding portion of your license exam and score you a discount on motorcycle insurance.
- Be at least 16 years old, and if under 18, hold a learner's license for one year with no traffic convictions.
Skilled Rider Course (BRC2) what to expect
Take your riding to an all-new level with the Harley-Davidson® Riding Academy Skilled Rider Course. Created for experienced riders, it offers advanced tips and techniques that help you own the road.
The course runs 1 day and is built on the curriculum of the Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) Basic RiderCourse 2 Suite. It is taught by devoted MSF and H-D® Certified Instructors.
The course focuses on improving these skills:
Control at low speeds
Limited space maneuvers
Swerving and stopping quickly on straights and in curves
Multiple curve maneuvers and surmounting objects
When you're done, you'll earn a MSF Basic RiderCourse 2 completion card that may qualify you for a discount on motorcycle insurance.